Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Wedding Dress, Garmet Bag

Day 2. Prepare the pattern:: Sew Sew Along With Me # 2

Before entering slaughter wanted to say (again) Thanks for your comments. This is an adventure I do because I like and I am very happy to serve you something.
How do you bear it? I'd love to tell me how far I go, if I'm not the only one who talks and talks!

My dress with fabric by Tanya Whelan
We already
us ... We have the template printed and mounted. If not you can go back to this post . Today you see my favorite part (after buying fabric, of course). Changing patterns is what I like. I guess because of my profession I'm used to working with pictures and put them the red pen.

Our dress is a lesson in sponsorship for me. Set the following:
  • yoke binding of the body is a curved, not straight. This makes the dress has a rounded front, ie in profile line has a slightly evasive.
  • The size 2 is somewhat different from the others because it takes into account the anatomy of the younger girls, who are still TIGHT belly and shoulders.
  • The measure of the proportion bodice and the dress is just to add a touch of contrast with another fabric, without eating the rest of the dress.
  • That is double yoke makes this has more body and hold it without losing the dress form. I have a soul curious to see what was done with a simple bodice and is very Holga Holgon.
  • There are no views, no buttons or zippers, or pliers, ... nothing. And it looks like a sack.
  • Being a good employer means also very forgiving of errors. You'll see. Should not be hiperexacto to cut or at the seams, always go well!
I remind you that the employer bears the seam allowances included:
½ "(1.27 cms) for seams
5 / 8" (1.6 cms) for hem

CHANGE AS LONG DRESS
We have chosen depending on the size of your bust as the only significant change will be long.
  • The pattern piece 1, the dress, draw a horizontal line perpendicular to the bend line by half the pattern. Cut along this line
I have marked in the dotted line seam allowances, 1 / 2 "for seams and 5 / 8" for hems
  • To shorten the dress overlap the bottom piece on top, so that the overlap coincides with the measure you want to shorten. The new line should be parallel to the cutting line. As one of the tricks used grid lines.
  • To extend the pattern put a piece of paper under the top piece and stick it with tape. We make a parallel to the cutting line with the measure you want to increase the length. In this new line put the pattern piece and paste below.
  • To finish with a straight join the top point of the armhole to bottom hem, creating a new sideline. You might be hitting a piece of paper under the pattern to draw the new line . And to have our pattern changed.
And you can not put or add to hem directory on the web?
Of course it is. The only thing to do as I explained it keeps flying under the dress with medida original. Para este patrón no es crucial pero en el caso de modificaciones a una falda ajustada o una manga con forma, habría que hacerlo bien para no perder las proporciones.

El último paso antes de cortar la tela es el de comprobar que tenemos todas las piezas y en la misma talla. A mi me gusta montar el vestido en papel antes de cortar, para ir familiarizándome con el proceso de construcción (aquí vuelve a salir la arquitecta que vive en mi)

Ahora a cortar el patrón con las tijeras de papel!

Nota para las que estéis sacando la Talla 1 o 2 (Gloria, Ana para vosotras): Si superponéis yoke the bodice will see that is a little shorter. NOT A BUG. So to shape the tummies. To sew is to make stitches and stretch a bit. We'll see.
Yoke
The width of the sizes 2 and 1 is shorter than the body
And tomorrow the scissors ... Greetings sewing
Maria

0 comments:

Post a Comment