Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rent House In Hamptons For Prom

Day 6: Prepare and sewing the straps:: Sew Along # 6


If you already have the straps to the desired length, we go step by step according to the instructions of the employer. If we have fallen short is to sew another piece of this:

HOW TO JOIN TWO STRIPS
BIES To join the two strips on the bias only thing to consider is that the stitching is done diagonally so as not to warp. In this link explained graphically.
Form of joining two strips on the bias. Sewn on the diagonal.
Mark the center of the rod with the plate, and scored one of the long sides toward center. (I mark the two at this time, because I am with the iron pa "why should I lift 50 times, I wonder?
My tie with the seam. I Fold the two sides at once.
Now sew the strap to the dress starting at the armhole. With the dress inside out, we light the center of the rod to the side seam of the dress, lining the edges and so the right rod and the back of the dress are addressed.

continue on for more pins, always align the rod to the curve of the armhole, being careful that the edges stay aligned. Unlike what happened to the yoke seam, the bias strip is stretched and it is easier to adapt to the curve of the armhole. Eye to stretch the rod and not the dress, or would be distorted armhole. Where have all the pins, sew the armhole seam with a 1 \\ 2 ". If I bend machine is complicated, you can hand baste before stitching.
latches on tight matching the center with the seam of the dress.
The shoulder pinned to the armhole and ready to sew.
Vista for the right dress. The edges are aligned.
Strap sewn to the armhole

Iron the tie up
to finish sewing the strap, dial the second bend (if you have not done before) . Pin the sides of the straps with pins, covering the seam of the armhole. (At this point I usually cut these margins bulge not much)
strap ready to sew
ends get inside the fold. Now sew the strap from an end to the other, for the right dress and closer to the edge you can. You can use the average pin the zipper. The end of the tie rod ends right angle.

Well .... Congratulations to all who have come here because you already have dress. Tomorrow we release! Greetings

sewing
Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment