Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Hilarious Friendship Letters

Sew Along Sew Fabrics for Me:: Sew Along

Nicey Jane Heather Bailey this store
Let's start talking about fabrics.
The dress of our Sew Me supports any material that is not too thin. The trapezoid shape is better with a fabric with some body, such as linen or gingham. To my pique is perfect for little wrinkles and fine stitching. Which ye walked through flickr group this, you will have seen that most of the dresses are made with a printed cotton fabrics precious. They are what are called English "quilting cottons, 100% cotton fabrics are produced, mainly for the work of patchwork.
I am in love with these designs, Alexander Henry, Amy Butler , all of Free Spirit ... but I have several "buts" when used for clothing:

But 1 : shrink because they are Cotton and I have to remember to wash before
But 2: The scale of the motifs in the designs are often too large, and the dresses of girls end up with one mole or doll. My preference is to always use small subjects (flowers or cubes), but This is strictly personal taste.
But 3 : Touch. Or the body, whatever you call. They are fine but somewhat stiff fabric and the two things at once not like. If you pass
like me, there are several alternatives that I've found: Anna Maria Horner
has a line of voiles with amazing prints, of which I have already several meters ready to be tops, and Heather Ross has a collection of beautiful canvas for girls jackets. Kokka have linens that are for ever to get his scissors.

On the other hand, tell you that these last two days have been a discovery of blogs for me. Normally I limit the number I subscribe because I do not have time to read all the entries, but these days I have swarmed back and forth like one possessed. My biggest surprise is that, finally, I've found online in English shops selling designer fabrics. Without the permission of the author (sorry, I have not had time to ask your permission), I leave the addresses of these shops to make you salivate ...

Tela Bring a recent discovery that I will
fixed The Grandma's Sewing , with a lovely assortment of vintage fabrics

If there is more that I have not found please leave me a comment.

superhipotetico In the case that find nothing you like in your local fabric stores or in online, right I have links to fabric stores in the UK where I usually buy. And the owner of The Fabric Loft speak English, just in case.

Until next time thanks for your participation
Mary

0 comments:

Post a Comment